Meeting Summary for June 19th
Long day and a long meeting. The mood seems to be that we're on track. I have to say that I agree.
There's a lot going on this week, between this production and the June SEVENDAY. Exciting times... Exciting. So without further ado, here's what we discussed...
First and foremost, AUDITIONS ARE ON, AND HAVE BEEN ANOUNCED BOTH FOR THE 3RD AND 10TH OF JULY. 12-8pm both days. We have acquired the Main Stage of the Towson Theater Department for our auditions. I am the contact person for auditions. They have been announced on Craig's List and the Maryland Film Office's website. Brian Dragonuk's e-mail list and actual fliers will follow shortly.
Here's what the announcement looks like:
CALL FOR ACTORS
RedStar KGB Productions is looking for male actors, age range 30 to 50, to play the lead role in an experimental short film to be shot weekends in August and September, primarily in Baltimore, MD. Union and non-Union actors. Deferred payment, expenses paid, including four-day location shoot out of state.
Role requires a thoughtful, dedicated actor to develop a progressive and cerebral character in a dialog-rich film.
Auditions held Sunday, July 3rd and Sunday, July 10th at the Main Stage Theater in the Center for the Arts Building at Towson University.
Auditions are by appointment between the hours of 12pm and 8pm on both dates. Please visit www.redstarkgb.com for more information. Contact Matthew for an appointment, and with questions. Preliminary contact by e-mail only, please.
I am counting on Lindsay and Kara in particular to be present. Right now, I feel like more people would be helpful, if only to distract the actors from the fact that I'm having a nervous breakdown right in the middle of their monologue.
JOB TITLES.
We've talked some about roles for the upcoming project. I think the division of labor is still something of a work in progress. Some people's jobs are nebulous. That's just the way it's going to have to be for the moment. However, we have designated a specific 'camera' department, including Chris, Ian, and Rachel. That puts me and Lindsay in the 'production' department. Don't forget to do your homework this week, ladies and gentlemen.
CANADA.
Some people are in. Others are out. Right now, I know for sure that Lindsay, Rachel, and myself are gonna go somewhere and do something awesome between September 4th and 9th. Whether that has anything to do with the film depends on the feasibility of shooting in a Canadian provincial park, and the ability of an actor to join us.
BUDGET.
Right now, I have $200 planned for each day of shooting, as well as $2000 for transporting crew and actor in September. That's roughly $3000 without considering:
Food on set, ever, for anybody.
Location related expenses.
Equipment rental for Canada.
Equipment rental beyond light kits on the in-town shoots.
Administrative costs including the costing of incorporating or forming and LLC, and insurance.
Hopefully, we can keep total cost under $5000. I'm asking all of you to find resourceful ways to do things. Seeing as this is how we always do things, I expect greatness. In the meantime, if you buy anything for the production, and I do mean anything, keep the receipt. We'll start a collection.
We've also begun to discuss certain fund raising possibilities, including ticketed dinners and rock shows/screenings. There is, of course, the possibility of grants to be pursued.
This post is long and I am exhausted. Good work, ladies and gentlemen. I'm going to bed.
-Matthew
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home